Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Artemis Fowl Files

I just finished reading "The Artemis Fowl Files" and have translated page 77 of the Fairy Code

When a fairy is trapped above ground without magic it is best to avoid contact with humans. Hide in the shallows of a river as humans especially children do not wash themselves. Drape yourself with the skin of a sheep or goat as humans are often not clever enough to notice. If you are cornered by a human slap the ground with the flat of your hand as this will often frighten the mud men away. If this is unsuccessful admit that you are a fairy and humans being cynical creatures will think that you are a friend in a costume trying to make a fool of them. If all this fails then ask the human if you could possibly borrow some money and the mud man will flee with great speed and never (a)sk you out again.

I put a () to the "a" since there wasn't an "a" in the code. I'm guessing it's a typo in the book though. Some parts of the interviews in the book are:

What was your most embarrassing moment?
I once scored a mere ninety-nine percent on a mathematics assignment. I was mortified. I had forgotten to round up to the third decimal place. Imagine my embarrassment.
--Artemis Fowl II
What is your favorite book?
I don't have much time to read. Artemis's schemes keep me on my toes. Mostly I read helicopter manuals and keep an eye on weather reports and current affairs. If I do have a moment to myself, I do enjoy a good romance story. If you tell a soul, I will hunt you down.
--Butler
What advice would you give a young dwarf?
Firstly, always chew your rocks before swallowing. They pass through easier that way, and your teeth need the roughage. And secondly, never eat the same dirt twice if you can avoid it.
--Mulch Diggums
I think every Artemis Fowl fan should buy the book and read it! It really is great! Oh, and here's the code at the end of the book that gave me the idea that this book was made before Artemis Fowl and the Opal Deception.

Don't miss the next thrilling adventure on the Artemis Fowl series
Artemis
Fowl
The Opal Deception

No comments:

Post a Comment